We supposedly start out in a circle before the walk introducing ourselves and sharing our topics. That way you can gravitate towards conversations that interest you. They emphasis this isn't small talk about the weather or what everyone does. It's a way to engage and connect with others on deeper topics.
It really intrigues me. It's a little intimidating too. I so often feel so socially awkward. Maybe we all do. I think it will be fun though and maybe it will be the start of some friendships. They do these walks every Saturday so if it goes well, it's something I can join in on with more frequency.
The other thing I came across this weekend is a social Bocce Ball league. They have a seven week late summer season starting in August at the park next to me. We used to have a bocce ball set. Maybe my ex took it in the divorce or maybe it didn't survive one of our earlier purges. Regardless, I think I would enjoy it and it could be another way to meet people.
Tomorrow I'm going to try out another church, an Episcopal church this time. I hope the experience is better than last week's experience at a Presbyterian church. This church is also the host for a secular community choir that I want to check out.
This evening, I think I'm going to go watch one of the World Cup games at Colony Square, an outdoor mall with a lawn and lots of food and drink options. It looks like Paraguay is playing France. I haven't caught any of the games this year yet. I'm not a huge soccer fan but I think it would be really good to get out around other people and it would be fun to catch at least one game.
No comments:
Post a Comment