Sunday, July 19, 2026

Ludacris

Today was the World Cup finale - Spain against Argentina.  Atlanta was one of the host cities and even for the games they didn't personally host, they had FanFests and watch parties set up all over the city.  Today one of those watch parties was at Piedmont Park.  They set up three huge screens in different areas and then after the game, Ludacris performed on the main stage.

I'm not into soccer and I'm not into rap music but I had heard of Ludacris and this was the World Cup.  So I walked over just as halftime was finishing to catch the last half of the game and see if the concert would interest me.

That was the most unexpected fun I have ever had - the energy of the game and then the people watching as we all danced and sang.  Some of the lyrics were even repetitive enough that I could join in.  I stayed until he was clearly wrapping up.

I can't actually believe I went to a Ludacris concert and had a blast.  I don't recognize myself in moments like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grounding myself after a challenging week

The fly that has been living in my apartment for the past two days followed me out the door this morning.  That was my sign that things were...