Saturday, July 11, 2026

Meeting new people

What is happiness to you?
What brings you peace?
What is one belief you held for a long time that you recently changed?
What were you built for and what were you trained for?

This morning I participated in a Board Walk.  It's a five mile walk at a conversational pace where everyone is asked to bring a topic.  These questions above were some of the topics brought up by some of the women I met today.  The conversations that flowed from these topics were so intriguing and had so much depth to them.  The stories they told were inspiring.  I can't wait for the next walk.  I hope to get to see some of the same people again but I would also enjoy meeting and talking to more people.  They have these walks almost every Saturday morning.

After a such a great morning meeting new people, I continued the momentum and signed up for two other groups.  There is a monthly book club that meets a few blocks from my apartment and August's book looks especially intriguing.  Polls are up for the fall book selections and from that, it appears that they read all kinds of genres and subject matters so it will expose me to some new stuff and get me reading more regularly.  Plus, it will be another place to meet people who enjoy deeper conversations.

And then for something a bit more lighthearted, I signed up to be placed on a bocce ball team for the late summer league.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grounding myself after a challenging week

The fly that has been living in my apartment for the past two days followed me out the door this morning.  That was my sign that things were...