Monday, June 29, 2026

The universe sending me some tiny joy

One of the last drives I took with my ex-husband was while we were still living together but separated.  It was a trip to the T-Mobile store to separate our phones and each sign up for internet for our respective new apartments we would soon be moving into.  It was an awkward trip.

He was primary on that account, one of the few accounts where he was primary.  And what that meant in real terms was that he got to keep the grandfathered legacy cell phone plane that went back to our first smart phones.  It was cheap and a really good plan that was no longer offered.

I was pissed.  I was so overwhelmed with all I was having to figure out on my own for the first time and felt like I was getting the raw end of the deal in so many ways.  I felt like I was paying the consequences for his decision.  So this just added to those feelings.  It made the drive home even more awkward.

He tried to later tell me he wasn't eligible for as much of a discount on the internet as I was maybe to placate me but wasn't willing to tell me what he was then paying.

Eventually, the bigger picture of all I gained revealed itself and I moved past all the little injustices I felt.

So why am I writing about this today?  Because my social media feed is filled with T-Mobile customers complaining that they are cancelling all their older grandfathered legacy cell phone plans and forcing everyone not on my plan or newer to move to a current plan.  The comparable plan they now offer is more than what I pay now.  

I chuckle at every post I come across.  I'm not a petty person and I haven't wished ill on him at any point since he discarded me.  But I will allow myself this little joy the universe is sending me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grounding myself after a challenging week

The fly that has been living in my apartment for the past two days followed me out the door this morning.  That was my sign that things were...